Is your business new to social media? Don’t be scared! Read my short list of tips to consider before jumping into the world of #hashtags and @likes!
My Top 5 Social Media Tips:
1. Define your objectives. Make sure that before you dive into the social media pool you have an idea of what it is you want to achieve. Is it new customers, more brand awareness, or to increase traffic to your website? Defining your goals will also help you decide which channel (Twitter, Facebook, etc.) is the best fit.
2. Don’t get in over your head. If you are new to social media, you may be overwhelmed by all of the choices out there – Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+, and so on. Start out with just one platform and master it. Once you feel comfortable with it then maybe consider adding another. But do not feel obligated to join every single platform out there. Depending on your line of business, some social media outlets will fit your objectives better than others.
3. Relate don’t sell. Too often will I see businesses post content that sounds more like a sales pitch versus an engaging conversation. It’s okay once in a while to boast your services or products, but keep in mind that relating to your audience will drive more followers and interaction at the end of the day.
4. Track your social media. What good is implementing social media into your business if you aren’t tracking its effectiveness? Whether it’s by measuring the number of followers or likes each week, likes, comments, etc.
5. Use visual aids to strengthen your content. Pictures are stronger than words. Tell your story in a creative way that will grab others’ attention. Would you rather read a 3 page article discussing effective marketing or watch a 3 minute tutorial on YouTube?
Still not satisfied? Watch the video below and get inspired!